Spotify is dissatisfied with Apple’s recent changes in developer policy, saying that its anti-competitive behavior has not changed

Spotify is dissatisfied with Apple’s recent changes in developer policy, saying that its anti-competitive behavior has not changed

According to Unshared News: The Swedish music streaming platform Spotify Technology said on Friday that Apple The company’s app store App Store recently reached a lawsuit with the plaintiff, that is, an agreement on restrictions on small developers, and did not address the fundamentals of Apple’s “anti-competitive and unfair behavior”.

Spotify said on Friday that “the policy adjustments made by Apple a few days ago (through a settlement agreement with small developers) did not resolve any core issues in its anti-competitive behavior.”

According to foreign media reports, Apple announced on Thursday that it had reached an agreement with U.S. developers over anti-competitive actions in the App Store. The terms of the agreement include the establishment of a $100 million Apple Small Developer Assistance Fund (Apple Small Developer Assistance Fund). ), and developers and users can have more open communication on other payment methods.

According to the agreement, an important adjustment point of Apple’s policy is to relax restrictions on developers’ communication behavior. U.S. app developers can now contact customers via email or other means to discuss other payment methods. If users use other payment methods, this will effectively avoid the commission of the Apple App Store App Store.

As part of the agreement, Apple will continue to charge only 15% commissions to developers whose annual income is less than $1 million. This policy will last for at least three years. In addition, the US$100 million small developer assistance fund established by Apple is designed to help small developers in the United States develop. Depending on the size of the developer, from June 4, 2015 to April 26, 2021, companies with an annual profit of $1 million or less can apply for funding ranging from $250 to $30,000 from the fund. According to Apple, companies that meet annual profitability in this range account for 99% of its total US developers, and the remaining 1% are NetflixAnd Epic Games and other large developers.

“From the very beginning, the App Store has become an economic miracle. It is the safest and most trusted place for users, and it is also an incredible business opportunity for developers to innovate, prosper and grow.” Phil Schiller said, “We want to thank the developers who have cooperated with us and reached an agreement with us. The agreement is to support the App Store goals and is in the interests of all our users.”

In response to the agreement between Apple and the developer, the tweet released by Spotify on Friday also said, “They (Apple) are trying to distract policymakers and regulators, and slow down the demand for correction of their anti-competitive behavior around the world. Willingness. Over the years, Apple has been allowed to abuse its dominant market position

Spotify filed a complaint with the European Commission in 2019 that Apple unfairly restricted and suppressed competitors in order to put Apple’s own music streaming service platform Apple Music in a competitive position. In addition, it objected to Apple’s use of its in-app purchase system to collect 30% commission from application developers.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *